This has been a wonderful year for reading. There are so many amazingly talented authors out there who keep blessing us with the gifts of their talents. I have been lucky and blessed to have read many outstanding books. In trying to figure out the criteria for my BEST of the YEAR list, I decided that ratings didn’t matter. If the book made me feel and think – my criteria for a great book – but for whatever reason was less than a 5*, it could still make the list. And, the book didn’t have to be published in 2014, just read during this year. I tried to narrow it down to my top 10, but I couldn’t, so, for the year, here are the books that had the most profound effect on me (the books are not ranked in order):
- Forever Series and Made a Sempre Novel by JM Darhower
- The Pagano Family series by Susan Fanetti
- Flat-Out Love and Flat-Out Celeste by Jessica Park
- Addicted Series by Krista and Becca Ritchie
- Undeniable Series by Madeline Sheehan
- Becoming Calder and Finding Eden by Mia Sheridan
- In the Fields by Willow Aster
- Tethered by LD Davis
- Mud Vein by Tarryn Fisher
- Nine Minutes by Beth Flynn
- The Law of Moses by Amy Harmon
- A Different Blue by Amy Harmon
- Infinity + One by Amy Harmon
- The Story of Us: Carnage #1 by Lesley Jones
- Beauty and The Mustache by Penny Reid
- Archer’s Voice by Mia Sheridan
Great list! Undeniable series is definitely something special. I know that i gave it mostly 3 stars ratings, but compared with some other books it deserves more. And you know about my new–found love for Addicted novels.
MUD VEIN!!! That book is so brilliant. I am happy that you decided to put it on the list.
I still haven read Nine Minutes but I’ve heard only great things about it, so I can’t wait to get my hands on it.
Yay! Glad we have so many in common! Nine Minutes is a fantastic MC book!