Believe it or not, the first six months of 2017 are almost over! Every year I ask, “Where did the time go?” but this year seems to be flying by at record speed! It’s time to evaluate my goals, both in life and in books!
My reading goal for this year was to read as many previously purchased books as I did ARCs and newly purchased books.
So, how have I fared?
- When I started my reading challenge, I had 200 books sitting on my Kindle TBR and 15 in iBooks. Currently, I have 246 books sitting on my Kindle TBR and 18 in iBooks.
- I have read 30 books so far this year. Of those, 7 were purchased and only ONE was a previous purchase. I’d say I have a lot of ground to make up or give up … but I’m not a quitter, so carry on I shall!
I had some personal goals this year, too.
- I wanted to purchase a car for my son, I did that, as well as a car for my daughter (since hers decided to stop running).
- I wanted to focus on my health, eat healthier and exercise …
- I wanted to attend a major author event this year … It will be a few months late, but I will be attending Appollycon in DC in March 2018!
- Start remodeling my home … I planted an herb garden, does that count?